EFAST2 is an all-electronic system designed by the Department of Labor, Internal Revenue Service, and Pension Benefit
Guaranty Corporation to simplify and expedite the submission, receipt, and processing of the Form 5500 and Form 5500-SF.
These forms must be electronically filed each year by employee benefit plans to satisfy annual reporting requirements
under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and the Internal Revenue Code. Under EFAST2, filers choose
between using EFAST2-approved vendor software or this website (IFILE) to prepare and
submit the Form 5500 or Form 5500-SF. Completed forms are submitted via the Internet to EFAST2 for processing.
If you filed a Form 5500/5500-SF last year and are returning to EFAST2, login and go to User Profile to review your PIN and other registration information.
If you are new to EFAST2, register for an EFAST2 account if you are preparing, signing, or submitting a completed Form 5500/5500-SF.
To search for Form 5500/5500-SF filings submitted via the EFAST2 system, use the Form 5500/Form 5500-SF Search.
- Form 5500 Improvement and Modernization Proposal • Webcast
- Effective February 17, 2016, plan sponsors should not complete the new IRS compliance questions on the Forms 5500 and 5500-SF, and Schedules H, I, and R for the 2015 plan year.
- On December 3, 2015, DOL released advance informational copies of 2015 Form 5500 and 5500-SF • Press Release
- Effective January 1, 2014, IFILE will no longer keep Form 5500s and 5500-SFs that filing authors last updated more than a year ago and have not submitted to the Government
- Technical Updates to Delinquent Filer Voluntary Compliance Program • Fact Sheet • Frequently Asked Questions • News Release
- New 5500 Version Selection Tool will help you determine which version of the Form 5500 and schedules to use.
- PBGC guidance on Reporting PBGC Premium Payments Made from Plan Assets on Schedule H
- Effective March 29, 2011, the address for the Delinquent
Filer Voluntary Compliance Program (DFVCP) lockbox will change to: DFVC DOL, PO Box 71361, Philadelphia, PA 19176-1361.
There is no overnight delivery address. Note that submissions to the DFVCP also can be done electronically. To do so,
follow the DFVCP penalty calculator instructions for online payment.
- EBSA announces new E-signature option for Form 5500 and
5500-SF electronic filing
• Fact Sheet
• FAQ for Small Businesses
• Update to the EFAST2 FAQ